January 6, 2010

My heart hurts

Not literally.  Well, sometimes if feels though it might burst at any moment.  Maybe I obsessively think about the children posted on Reece's Rainbow, but my heart aches thinking about those children.  I pray for them all the time.  Just because they were born with a disability that they could not help, they are treated as outcasts.  If one of my boys had been born with a disability I would love him unconditionally. They are still beautiful children.  Just children who just want to be loved as they are!  I know we can't save all of them, but there is a quote that goes around in the adoption world that goes something like this (I don't know the author):

“Adopting one child won’t change the world, but for that child, the world will change.”


No comments:

Post a Comment